529 Glyndon Street NE in Vienna – Three Finished Levels, Great “In Town” Location!
Wonderful colonial on a beautifully landscaped lot in an “in-town” Vienna location. Exceptional features include a light and bright floorplan, 3 spacious finished levels, 4 bedrooms/3.5 baths, eat-in kitchen, family room with soaring ceilings & stone fireplace, separate dining room, main level office, and fabulous master suite. The finished walkout lower level provides great extra living space & includes a wet bar and full bath. The spacious back deck overlooks the large, tree-lined backyard. A perfect location for commuters, excellent schools & close to many amenities! Click here for price, more info and additional photos of 529 Glyndon St NE in Vienna
Call Terry Belt at (703) 242-3975 to schedule a showing!
MAIN LEVEL FEATURES: This thoughtfully designed home offers a wonderful floor plan that allows for great traffic flow…perfect for every day living as well as entertaining. Crown molding and chair rail create an added level of detail and architectural interest. You are welcomed into the home by the dramatic 2-story foyer with large Palladian window, marble floor & striking curved staircase.
Directly off the foyer is the private office/library with custom built-in desk & bookcases, crown molding, recessed lighting and wall-to-wall carpeting. This makes a great home office or homework spot!
Across the foyer from the office, the elegant living room also features carpeted floors & crown molding, as well as windows on two walls that provide plenty of natural light. This room flows into the formal dining room creating a wonderful space for entertaining. The carpeted dining room features a large bay window that offers views of the beautiful backyard.
The light-filled kitchen features a large center island with gas cooktop & breakfast bar, Corian countertops, double wall ovens, custom tile backsplash, recessed lighting, wood floors and pantry. The spacious breakfast room is ideal for casual meals or enjoying a morning cup of coffee. Windows over the sink, and windows & skylights in the breakfast room let the sunlight shine in!
The kitchen and breakfast room open to the inviting family room. The focus of this room is the woodburning fireplace with floor-to-ceiling stone surround and hearth, along with many windows & atrium doors (leading to the back deck) with transoms above. Other details include cathedral ceiling, recessed lighting, ceiling fan and wood floors. There is a main level guest powder room with tile floor and pedestal sink, as well as a laundry/mud room.
UPPER LEVEL FEATURES: The striking curved staircase with runner leads to the upper level. The serene master suite includes a separate sitting room with wood floors, wonderful walk-in closet with custom shelving and drawers, wall-to-wall carpeting, a ceiling fan and attached bath.
The spacious, light-filled master bath has a large vanity with double sinks, a soaking tub with tile surround and Palladian window above, separate shower, recessed lighting, skylights and vaulted ceiling. You will appreciate the three additional bedrooms & full bath on this level. All bedrooms have wall-to-wall carpeting and ceiling fans. The full bath has a vanity with double sinks, tub and separate shower.
LOWER LEVEL FEATURES: The finished walkout lower level provides great extra living space! In addition to the spacious rec room, there is space for an exercise area, play/craft room, a home theatre…the possibilities are endless! And…there is a wet bar which makes entertaining on this level a breeze. The 3rd full bath is on the lower level also providing the option for a guest, in-law or au pair suite. There is a large storage room with built-in shelving. Upper and lower level carpeting was replaced in 2014.
- 2014: Kitchen updates: new sink and back splash, Upper level bathrooms updates: new vanities, Upper and lower levels re-carpeted, Garage and entire lower level painted, Shed roof replaced
- 2013: Chimney inspected and cleaned
- 2012: New humidifier installed
- 2011: New roof and gutter covers installed
- 2010: Replaced refrigerator
- 2005: New dishwasher and gas cooktop installed, Installed new front door and sidelights
- 2004: Hot water heater replaced
- 2003: Replaced furnace downstairs and both A/C units, Installed new sink in utility room
EXTERIOR: Beautiful brick front colonial sited on a third of an acre lot with mature trees and beautiful landscaping.
The variety of trees includes river birch, red & white oak, elm, Japanese maple, dogwoods, white pines and holly. Other landscaping: juniper bushes, azaleas, boxwoods, pieris japonica and yew. Front brick walk leads to a wide and welcoming brick entry stoop & front door with large Palladian window above and framed by sidelights. Two-car attached garage has automatic door openers & remotes.
The spacious back deck off the family room has stairs that lead down to the lovely back yard. This space is perfect for outdoor dining/grilling and entertaining, or simply enjoying the natural and private setting. The spacious yard is also wonderful for outdoor activities and sports. Outdoor shed provides more storage space for outdoor tools!
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
- Great “in-town” Vienna location…where you can enjoy all the amenities the town of Vienna has to offer!
- Multiple commuting options with easy access to Route 123, I-66, the Dulles Toll Road, the Capital Beltway (495), and the Orange & new Silver Line Metro. Easy drive to both Dulles and Reagan Airports.
- Moments to nearby Glyndon Park with its tennis and basketball courts, playground tot lot and baseball field.
- Shop & dine in the Town of Vienna & the nearby Oakton Center…plus Tysons Corner, Fair Oaks Mall & Reston Town Center are just minutes away!
- Recreation is available at nearby Oak Marr Rec Center. Oak Marr Rec Center is an 8.6 acre park which is owned by the Fairfax County Park Authority. This facility includes a 50 meter indoor swimming pool and spa, 2 handball courts, weight rooms, locker rooms with saunas, a snack bar and lounge, plus community rooms. There are also several ball fields, a 9 hole golf course and a driving range.
- Enjoy the delights of summer performances of nearby Wolftrap Park, fall and spring evenings at The Barns of Wolftrap, Meadowlark Gardens (an outdoor botanical garden) and the W&OD bike trail.
Terrific Public Schools: Wolfrap Elementary School ~ Kilmer Middle School ~ Madison High School
Call Terry Belt at (703) 242-3975 to schedule a showing!