"Changing Lives For The Better - One Family At A Time"
Tom is a Realtor Partner with The Belt Team. Armed with a marketing degree from Radford University and extensive experience in sales, Tom is passionate about doing the Right Thing for his clients and putting their interests first. A lifelong resident of Northern Virginia (born in Vienna and raising his own family there now), Tom's unique knowledge of the area is put to good use for his clients' benefit. Tom and his wife Dana have three children (one at VA Tech and 2 at Madison High School) and community involvement is a core value. Tom is an active VYI volunteer - currently on the Lacrosse Board, Girls Coordinator, Girls Coach, and Assistant Coach with the Vienna Steelers Football Team. Tom enjoys using a consultative approach with his clients and looks forward to helping you make the RIGHT move.
HERE'S WHAT TOM'S RECENT CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY:
"I enjoyed working with Tom as he has demonstrated his strong negotiation and interpersonal skills in making connections with potential sellers. He possessed good insight and deep knowledge about the local real estate market and trending and shared with me about pros and cons of the properties of my interest. He was very respectful and understanding when I expressed my differing views when it came to decision points and worked his best to make things happen. I am thankful of his help!" Ying Liu (Dec 2017)
"Tom was very responsive and with swift replies to any inquiries we had. He was knowledgeable and calm. Reassuring. When the time comes for us to purchase a home, we will definitely come back and use Terry Belt and the team and particularly Tom." Amilyn Escude (Sept 2017)
"Can't thank Tom and Patty enough for helping us find our home in Reston. Tom was always responsive, punctual, and motivated to find us the perfect property. Moving from overseas was stressful enough, but within just a few weeks, Tom was able to find us an amazing place and the paperwork was easy. Thanks again Tom and Patty for making our move less stressfull!!"? Amilyn Escude (Aug 2017)
"The Belt Team is FANTASTIC!! This is the third time we have used The Belt Team for our real estate transactions (buying and selling). We have been living out of state and decided we wanted to move back to Northern Virginia when we retired. We also knew we wanted to build. We weren’t sure how to go about finding the right piece of property and a builder we could count on to deliver the house of our dreams. We met with Terry Belt and Tom Hanton just about a year ago and discussed what we were looking for…they quickly helped us identify what was important and guided us through the process. Building a home can be stressful…especially if you aren’t there to see the day-to-day progress. Tom did a great job keeping us informed and being our local representative with the builder. We closed on our “dream home” last week and couldn’t be happier!" Dan & Cathy Brady (March 2017)
"I can't recommend The Belt Team highly enough. Tom Hanton, our salesperson, was thorough and honest, and really knew the market. He was also kind and patient, as was everyone that I worked with on the team. They did a great job of making our dreams come true." Mike Horner (Dec 2016)
"Tom helped us find our first home in Fairfax!!! Tom was exceptionally patient with us, very accommodating and always available on a very short notice to show us the homes, some of which we visited multiple times. He was always responsive at any time of the day.. The entire process of choosing a house, negotiating and closing the deal couldn't have been smoother... Many thanks to Tom and The Belt Team!!!" Rachna Shetty & Nimit Sha (Oct 2016)
"Tom Hanton did an excellent job. We live in another state, and thought it would be very difficult to sell our condo being so far away. But Tom made listing and closing simple. He was there when we couldn't be, and got our property sold in 17 days! Thank you Tom! Definitely recommend him. " Walt & Abby Dozier (Oct 2016)
"Great attention to detail! Tom Hanton helped with every aspect of the process, he even helped me load up storage to clear the house for an open house! He made it easy. The entire team was friendly and responsive." Maureen H (Sept 2016)
"Tom and Patty did an excellent job helping me get my home on the market and then bringing the right buyer to the table to purchase my home. Tom took the time to walk through the home and suggest a few changes to make my home more presentable to a potential buyer." Greg Sullivan (July 2016)
“I recently used the Belt Team to buy my first home. The process was great and we were able to close in a timely manner. Tom was very attentive to showing us the houses we were interested in & with presenting our offer, which was accepted. The entire Belt Team sent emails and phone calls to keep everyone in the loop with the inspection, closing requirements, etc. Overall great experience!!" Richard Jones & Elizabeth Matteson, (July 2016)
"The Belt Team was great. Tom Hanton and Patty did a wonderful job. We could not say enough good things about them! We were first time home sellers, and they walked us through the process with ease. Our realtor Tom was extremely knowledgeable, organized, and a pleasure to work with. Tom Hanton and the Belt Team were extremely personable and patient, and I strongly recommend them to anyone! Working with Tom Hanton and Patty Schuebel was nothing less than stellar. All the hard work they put in paid off and my house went under in 24 hours. Thanks guys!"
Awards & Designations
* Realtor with The Belt Team - Top 300 Real Estate Team for Keller Williams Realty (the largest real estate company in the world by agent count)
* Listed in 2015 & 2016 Washingtonian Magazine's "Best Of" issue for Best Realtors
* Ranked in Top 20 Best Real Estate Agents in Virginia by Real Trends
* The Belt Team is also a top Luxury Home Team for Keller Williams Realty (out of 140,000+ agents)
* Frequently ranked by Wall Street Journal in the Top 250 Real Estate Teams in the United States (out of more than 1.2 million agents)
* Ranked in the Top 10/Top 20 for the Northern VA Association of Realtors (NVAR) for most of the past 25 years (out of almost 10,000 Realtors)
* Member, National Association of Realtors
* Member, Northern VA Association of Realtors
* Graduate, Radford University (Marketing Major, Rugby Player)
* Graduate, Marshall High School (Tysons VA)
* Extensive prior experience in sales
* Lifelong Northern Virginia Resident
* VYI Volunteer (Lacrosse Board, Girls Coordinator, Girls Lacrosse Coach, Assistant Football Coach - Vienna Steelers)
* Prior member on neighborhood HOA
* Loving Husband of Dana, and Father of Katie (VA Tech), Logan (Madison HS) & Brett (Madison HS)
AND THE INTANGIBLES...
* I respect everyone equally. Regardless of their title.
* I am honest with my clients from the beginning and use a consultative approach.
* I care about doing the RIGHT thing for my clients and making sure their happiness and interests come first.