9606 Counsellor Dr NW Vienna VA 22181 – Renovated in Louise Archer District
9606 Counsellor Dr NW Vienna VA 22181 was SOLD by The Belt Team
Prepared to be impressed by this beautifully renovated colonial located in a fabulous Vienna location . . . minutes from all the amenities of the Town of Vienna, great schools and easy access to major commuter routes! This home features a very open floor plan, 5 bedrooms, hardwood floors, crown molding & built-in cabinetry, an eat-in kitchen, a separate dining room, a family room with fireplace, updated baths, and an attached garage. The spacious lower level provides wonderful extra living space and has room for exercise equipment, a home office and more! The private, fenced-in back yard has a patio surrounded by mature trees and a variety of lovely plantings creating a delightful outdoor retreat. All of this and more on a quiet cul-de-sac, in an unbeatable location!
Call Kevin Kleifges at (703) 242-3975 for more info!
MAIN LEVEL FEATURES: This home offers a wonderful open & flowing floor plan that allows for great traffic flow . . . perfect for every day living, as well as easy entertaining. You are welcomed into the home by the bright entry foyer with crown molding and ceramic tile floors. The foyer is open to the living room that features beautiful hardwood floors, custom built-in cabinetry, crown molding and recessed lighting. This is the perfect spot to greet and entertain guests! The home’s separate dining room is just off the living room. This delightful room has crown molding, chair rail, a ceiling medallion, along with views of the private back yard. It also flows into the kitchen, making it perfect for formal dinner parties and holiday meals. Enjoy cooking in the updated eat-in kitchen! Features include new stainless steel appliances, gas cooking, wood floors and plenty of cabinet space. The delightful breakfast nook with custom built-in bench is great for casual meals and has an abundance of natural light coming in through the sliding glass doors leading to the back patio. The warm & inviting family room features a masonry gas fireplace with mantle and tile hearth. This room also has hardwood floors, decorative beams on the ceiling and recessed lighting. The main level also features a guest powder room and laundry room.
UPPER LEVEL: The wood staircase in the front foyer leads to the upper level. The serene master suite features a walk-in closet, hardwood floors, a ceiling fan and attached bath. The master bath has two separate vanities, a walk-in tiled shower, and ceramic tile floor. You will appreciate the 4 additional bedrooms on this level and a full bath. All bedrooms have hardwood floors and 2 of them have ceiling fans. The updated full bath has a tub/shower and ceramic tile floors.
LOWER LEVEL: The spacious finished lower level provides great extra living/entertaining space. The carpeted rec room with recessed lighting has space for media equipment, a game area and more! There is a second finished room on the lower level that could be used as an exercise room, home office, craft are, etc.
EXTERIOR: This renovated colonial is situated on a third of an acre lot backing to trees. Beautiful landscaping creates great curb appeal. The continuously blooming garden includes bleeding heart, lilac trees, crape myrtle, roses, azaleas, mature shade trees and more! The back patio off the kitchen is perfect for outdoor dining/entertaining and taking in the serene natural setting of the fully fenced back yard and landscaping. This home has an attached garage with automatic door and opener.
- Multiple rooms freshly painted (kitchen, family room, dining room, master bedroom).
- Installed new stainless steel kitchen appliances.
- Installed new carpeting in lower level.
- Landscaped front and back yards.
- Installed Regency Liberty 540 Direct Vent Gas Insert fireplace with remote control & variable blower.
- Upper level guest bathroom remodeled with new tub, tile shower, floor & paint.
- Main level remodel – removed walls to create open floor plan in kitchen, living & dining rooms; installed custom built bookshelves; eat-in kitchen. Refinished/replaced vinyl floor with new hardwood floor. New tile in entry way and main level bath. Recessed lights in the kitchen, living & family rooms.
- New crown molding in living & dining rooms and entry way.
- Basement upgrades – replaced ceiling with drywall, added recessed lights & painted.
- Installed recessed lighting in room adjacent to master bedroom and added fan/fan light fixtures in 2 remaining upper level bedrooms. Also added fans to upper level bathrooms.
- Fenced in backyard.
- Hardwired smoke/CO detector to main, upper & lower levels.
- New windows installed.
- Exterior siding replaced.
- Remodeled master bath.
- Installed new vanity, lights and fixtures in upper level hall bath.
- Remodeled main level powder room.
- Installed Corian countertops, new faucet & disposal in kitchen.
- Refinished hardwood floors.
- French drain installed in basement around the whole perimeter of house with 2 sump pumps (one with battery backup).
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!
Great Vienna location close to many of the fabulous restaurants, shops, entertainment, schools & parks that The Town of Vienna has to offer. Commute easily via the Dulles Toll Road, Route 123, I-66 and 495…and minutes to the Vienna Metro and Silver Line Metro in Reston. Easy drive to Dulles and Reagan National Airports. Enjoy all the amenities of the Town of Vienna including Oak Marr Rec Center, Nottaway Park, Meadow Lane Park, the Vienna Dog Park, lighted ball fields & tennis courts, playgrounds, hiking/biking trails & the Vienna Community Center with many classes, activities, plays & community events including Club Phoenix (for teens & pre-teens!). Also enjoy the delights of summer performances at nearby Wolftrap Farm Park, fall and spring evenings at The Barns of Wolftrap, & the W&OD bike trail year round! And, wander through the beautiful 92-acre Meadowlark Gardens Regional Park with its gorgeous seasonal plantings.
Excellent Public Schools: Louise Archer ES ~ Thoreau MS ~ Madison HS
We always ask our owners to tell us what they feel makes their home special. Here are their favorite things in their own words:
- Location…close to town, W&OD trail, Metro & on a quiet cul-de-sac.
- Outdoor space! Fenced-in backyard, beautiful garden & patio—great for entertaining.
- Open concept main level.
- Built-in storage throughout main level.
- Finished basement with recessed lighting…great rec room/workout space.
- Functional kitchen with unique/extra storage features.
- Recently installed Regency L540EB gas fireplace with remote control & variable blower.
- Friendly neighborhood and community.
- Birds, deer, rabbits and fox in area but fenced-in to see them!
SOLD BY THE BELT TEAM