2009 Carrhill Road, Vienna, VA 22181 – In Sought After Wendover
2009 Carrhill Road, Vienna, VA 22181 – SOLD by The Belt Team
Welcome to this stunning custom home situated on a gorgeously landscaped lot backing to majestic parkland. This lighthearted charmer in pretty, popular Wendover will win your heart! Vienna’s premier close-in community is filled with appealing homes on curving, winding streets framed by woods & sheltering trees. Desirable location offers terrific schools, easy commuting and is convenient to all the amenities of Vienna. This home has been totally updated & enhanced and is ready for it’s new owners! 3 finished levels with 5 bedrooms, 4 full & 2 half baths, shining hardwood floors, a fabulous gourmet eat-in kitchen, a formal dining room, 3 fireplaces, a large living room with vaulted ceiling, an amazing master suite, a finished walk-out lower level with wet bar & theatre room, and incredible outdoor
living/entertaining spaces including a screened porch, large tiered deck, hot tub, waterfall and pool!
Call Terry Belt & The Belt Team at (703) 242-3975 for more info.
MAIN LEVEL FEATURES: This thoughtfully designed home offers a wonderful floor plan that meets the needs of everyday living and entertaining. The beautiful hardwood floors continue throughout the main level. The spacious & welcoming entry foyer features crown molding, chair rail with box molding below, and wood staircase with carpet runner leading to the upper level. The grand living room is just off the foyer. This light-filled room with vaulted ceiling includes a large Palladian window, skylights, and a double-sided gas fireplace with wood mantel. The living room is open to the separate dining room making it the perfect spot to entertain guests. The spacious formal dining room can easily accommodate a large sit down dinner party or holiday meal. This room features crown molding , chair rail & box molding, a large walk-in bay window, a beautiful chandelier with ceiling medallion, and fireplace. The updated gourmet eat-in kitchen is a chef’s dream! Exceptional features include a large center island with prep sink, breakfast bar & pendant lights, Thermador appliances (cooktop, ovens, microwave & dishwasher), 42” wide KitchenAid refrigerator with bottom freezer, granite countertops & an abundance of custom cabinetry. The spacious eat-in area is wonderful for casual meals & includes a bay window with built-in bench (with storage below) offering views of the amazing outdoor setting. The focus of the stunning family
room is the large stone fireplace with raised hearth, as well as the striking wet bar with wine refrigerator, glass front cabinets & custom backsplash. Other details include a built-in desk, crown molding, ceiling fan, an atrium door with transom above providing access to the back deck, and glass door to screened porch. The main level also has a private office/den with crown molding, ceiling fan, and a wall of built-in cherry bookshelves & cabinets, as well as a large laundry/mudroom with door to front porch, two powder rooms, & a rear staircase off of the family room to the bedrooms above.
UPPER LEVEL: Upgraded hardwoods on landing and in the hallway. Prepared to be impressed by the master retreat. The lovely bedroom features upgraded hardwood flooring, crown molding, recessed lighting, ceiling fan, walk-in closet, and large bay window overlooking the back yard, pool and mature trees. There is a spacious sitting room right off the bedroom and includes a ceiling fan and a wall of built-in closet cabinets. The master bath has custom vanities with 2 sinks, a soaking tub with window & skylight above, a separate walk-in steam shower, and ceramic tile floors which are heated underneath. You will appreciate the 4 additional spacious bedrooms on this level and 2 additional full baths. All bedrooms have ceiling fans. 2 of the bedrooms have hardwood floors and 2 have wall-to-wall carpeting. One of the bathrooms has dual entries, two separate vanities & a tub/shower combination, while the other has a large vanity and walk-in shower. There is a cedar walk-in closet on this level that is accessible from one of the bedrooms.
LOWER LEVEL: The home’s finished, walk-out lower level is an incredible additional living space. The upgraded carpeted rec room has a large wet bar with granite countertop, sink & wine refrigerator, gas fireplace with beautiful wood mantle & raised brick hearth, chair rail & box molding, and recessed lighting. The custom wine closet has refrigeration & is temperature controlled. Hours of enjoyment will be had by all in the theater room! Watch your favorite movies, TV shows or the big game! All equipment & seating conveys. The additional room on this level (with cedar closet) and attached full bath are perfect for an in-law/au pair suite, exercise room or 2nd office.
HOME IMPROVEMENTS/UPDATES MADE BY THIS OWNER
- New hot tub
- New pool heater
- New basement sconces
- New front and back landscaping lights
- New kitchen: Thermador appliances (cooktop, wall ovens, microwave & dishwasher), 42” wide KitchenAid refrigerator with freezer on bottom
- Remodeled wet bar & new wine refrigerator
- Built-ins for family room desk
- New A/C (heat pump) unit for garage addition and new thermostats for all zones
- Wood floors in upstairs hallway, master bedroom and 2 other bedrooms
- New carpet in 2 upper level bedrooms and front staircase
- New soaker tub in master bath
- UV-Aire Purifying system installed in 2 upper level HVAC systems
- Gutter helmet system installed
- New foyer and dining room chandeliers
- New interior garage lighting
- New Hardie Plank siding
- New roof
- Office built-in cabinetry
- New living room skylights
- Flagstone wall in front of living room
- Remodeled upper level hall bath
- Remodeled front hall powder room
- Updated other upper level bath vanities and lighting
- Remodeled master bath with steam shower and heated floors
- Wine closet with refrigeration and temperature control
- New cabinets in lower level
- Living room/dining room fireplace and new living room chandelier
- Tongue and groove ceiling for screen porch
- Pool (with heater) and waterfall
- Pool shed
- Backyard fence
- Remodeled lower level with bar, sink and wine refrigerator
- Converted basement fireplace to gas
- New windows on main and upper levels
- New bedroom additions (2) and master bedroom expansion
- Lower level theater room with surround sound and theater seats
- Stone wall out front and new stone front porch with pillars
- New, expanded laundry room/mud room
- Garage expansion
- Screen porch expansion
- New powder room off mud room
EXTERIOR: This exceptional home is sited on a premium .60 acre lot on a quiet cul-de-sac backing to parkland. A path from the yard leads to the ultimate environment for outdoor activities including a wandering creek, soccer fields, hiking, and the W&OD Trail. Just minutes to downtown Vienna by foot or bike! The extensive landscaping creates amazing curb appeal and a fantastic natural setting. Details include a variety of flowering trees & bushes, many perennials that have been passed down through generations, blooms from April through October, stone retaining walls, and pathways through the front and back yards.The front walkway leads across a stone bridge to the welcoming covered stone front porch with pillars. The asphalt driveway connects to the expanded 2-car side loading garage that has room for an additional 3rd car. The back screened porch with gorgeous tongue & groove ceiling, 2 ceiling fans, and recessed lighting is a perfect spot for dining/entertaining and enjoying the natural surroundings…all while being protected from the elements! There is also an expansive, tiered deck running the length of the home adding to the outdoor living space. The stone patio off the lower level includes a large hot tub and stairs leading down to the gorgeous heated pool, waterfall, and level fenced-in back yard. The options for outdoor living & activities are limitless on this truly spectacular lot!
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! The W&OD Trail is just steps away! Convenient access to a variety of commuting options including Route 123, I-66, the Beltway (495) and the Dulles Toll Road…and minutes to the Vienna and Silver Line Metro! Easy drive to both Dulles and Reagan National airports. Shop and dine in the Town of Vienna, Tysons Corner & Reston Town Center…all close by! Enjoy all the amenities of the Town of Vienna including Oak Marr Rec Center, Nottaway Park, Meadow Lane Park, the Vienna Dog Park, lighted ball fields & tennis courts, playgrounds, hiking/biking trails & the Vienna Community Center. Also enjoy the delights of summer performances at nearby Wolftrap Farm Park, fall and spring evenings at The Barns of Wolftrap, Meadowlark Gardens (an outdoor botanical garden), & the W&OD bike trail.
Excellent Public schools: Flint Hill Elementary School ~ Thoreau Middle School ~ Madison High School
We always ask our owners to tell us what they feel makes their home special. Here are their favorite things in their own words…
- Quiet and beautiful setting with access/views of the parkland.
- Beautiful neighborhood and great neighbors!
- Love the bridge to the house and the front yard flowers.
- Wonderful private backyard with pool.
- Sitting under the waterfall on a hot summer day.
- Hot tub under the stars in the first snow fall.
- Theater room is great for a big game or movie night.
- Fabulous new kitchen!
- Curling up in front of the wood fireplace.
- Fantastic views from the master bedroom
- The steam shower.
- Screen porch during thunder storms.
Call Terry Belt & The Belt Team at (703) 242-3975 for more info.