1400 Romeo Ct, McLean, VA 22102 – In Popular McLean Hamlet
This immaculate colonial shows like a model home and has all the features buyers desire – a spacious floor plan featuring three finished levels; renovated gourmet kitchen with gas cooking, granite counters, and a butler’s pantry as a bonus; a master bedroom suite with walk-in closet and separate bath; a private rear yard with decks off the main and lower levels; sited on a quiet cul-de-sac; located in Mclean Hamlet – one of the most desirable neighborhoods in McLean, served by top rated schools, and so much more!
MAIN LEVEL FEATURES: This home offers a flowing floor plan that meets the needs of everyday living and entertaining. You are welcomed into the home by the gracious entry foyer with shining hardwood floors, crown moulding and attractive front door. Located directly off the foyer is the elegant living room with plenty of natural light, hardwood floors and crown moulding. The formal dining room is directly across the foyer from the living room & features a beautiful crystal chandelier with plaster ceiling medallion and attractive mouldings. The spacious, remodeled gourmet kitchen includes granite countertops, peninsula with pendant lights, stainless steel appliances including a gas cooktop, built-in microwave & double wall ovens (the microwave is also a convection oven as is one of the wall ovens), an abundance of cabinet space, a built-in work desk with cabinets & shelves, a large pantry closet, butler’s pantry with granite countertop & cabinets, and recessed lighting. The large breakfast area in the kitchen has a bay window providing views of the private back yard, and built-in seating. The focus of the warm & inviting family room is the masonry fireplace with raised hearth surrounded by beautiful custom built-in bookcases & cabinets. The sliding glass door leads to the home’s back deck. The main level also features a spacious laundry room with washer, dryer & wash tub, storage closet and a door to the back yard, as well as a guest powder room with granite vanity and attractive mouldings.
UPPER LEVEL: The attractive curved wooden staircase in the front foyer leads to the upper level. This level features hardwood floors and crown moulding throughout. The master bedroom includes a dressing area with vanity & sink, ceiling fan, a large walk-in closet plus second closet, and attached bath. You will appreciate the 3 additional bedrooms on this level and additional full hallway bath with double sinks & large linen closet. All bedrooms have spacious closets and ceiling fans.
LOWER LEVEL: The lower level provides a wonderful, versatile living space and includes wall-to-wall carpeting, a fireplace with brick hearth, recessed lighting, wet bar with cabinets & shelves, a billiard room with pool table & associated equipment, space for a home office or craft room, and a large storage/utility room with workbench. There is also a full bath on this level as well as atrium doors leading to the covered lower outdoor deck.
EXTERIOR: This beautiful home is ideally located on a cul-de-sac near a community park on a fabulous lot backing to mature trees. The front walkway leads to the large front stoop with iron railing. The welcoming front door features decorative glass inlay and side lights. The private & spacious back wood deck spans the width of the home and includes stairs down to the lower level deck off the basement. Gorgeous lush perennial plantings throughout the entire property. The 2-car oversized attached garage has great extra storage space!
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Located in popular McLean Hamlet…a sought after neighborhood dubbed “Great Neighborhood” by the Washingtonian Magazine. McLean Hamlet Citizens Association Membership is voluntary; it is not an “HOA”. Hamlet Swim & Tennis Club Membership is not included but residents receive priority membership. Spring Hill District Park and Recreation Center is within walking distance. Multiple commuting options with easy access to Route 7, the Dulles Toll Road, the Capital Beltway (495), Route 66, and just minutes to the Silver Line Metro in Tysons. Easy drive to both Dulles and Reagan National airports. Convenient shopping at Tysons Corner and The Galleria, and mere minutes to the quaint shops and restaurants of downtown McLean. Take advantage of
all the cultural opportunities McLean has to offer…including films, plays, concerts and entertainers at The Alden Theatre, other activities at the McLean Community Center, the McLean Orchestra, the McLean Symphony, and more! Teens also can enjoy a wide variety of activities at the popular Old Firehouse Teen Center.
Public Schools: Spring Hill ES ~ Cooper MS ~ Langley HS
IMPROVEMENTS & UPDATES:
- Installed new chimney crown
- Installed new railings on deck
- Refinished hardwood floors
- Installed 6 panel doors and French doors
- Installed crown molding and new baseboards
- Installed ceiling fan in kitchen eating bar, new stainless steel appliances and gas stove
- Installed granite countertops and stone backsplash
- Enlarged entrance to family room from kitchen
- Added built-in seating in kitchen breakfast room
- Installed new recessed lighting in kitchen and family room
- Installed new chandeliers in dining room and foyer
- Installed new tile floor in laundry room
- Added a closet in the laundry room
- Installed new light fixture in laundry room
- Installed central vacuum throughout house
- Installed new toilet in powder room
- Replaced and serviced all electrical outlets
- Converted fireplace to wood burning from gas and installed glass doors
- Installed a stainless steel liner in upstairs chimney
- Installed custom shelving in front hall and laundry room closets
- Installed wiring for speakers in the living room and kitchen with sliding volume controls
- Refinished hardwood floors
- Installed ceiling fans
- Installed crown molding
- Installed 6 panel doors throughout
- Installed insulation in attic and garage
- Replaced and serviced all electrical outlets
- Installed custom shelving in all closets
- Completely remodeled basement, renovated full bathroom including new vanity and new floor
- Installed new glass paneled door at top of stairs
- Installed new ceiling in basement with recessed lights
- Installed new carpet in basement
- Installed/extended HVAC ventilation system into basement
- Converted fireplace to gas and installed glass door
- Installed a stainless steel liner in chimney
We always ask our owners to tell us what they feel makes their home special. Here are their favorite things in their own words:
- The entrance hall is large & open and the flow of the main level rooms is ideal for entertaining and
provides a distinct separation of the formal and living areas.
- I love the pantry and the additional space it allows for storage. The built-in counter in the Butler’s pantry is ideal for entertaining.
- There is tons of storage in this house! The large laundry/mud room with a closet that allows me to keep
the laundry away from the living space, the oversized garage also has lots of storage space, and the basement has built-in storage shelving. Everything has a place!
- The rear deck adds living space to the house and is very private surrounded by trees.
- The lower rear deck adds to the basement space and is covered so it does not get wet.
- The expansive walkout basement has room for everything…including a pool table, ping pong table, music room, TV area, bar and full bath. It was a perfect spot for my kids to hang with friends. The gas fireplace provides warmth and the windows provide lots of natural light.
- The bedrooms are a great size making it easy to place furniture.
- Being on a cul-de-sac is wonderful! There are no through cars and every afternoon children gather in the court to play, ride bikes and shoot baskets on the hoop.
- The bus stop for Spring Hill Elementary School is on the cul-de-sac and makes it very convenient for kids to walk out the door and be picked up by the bus.
- The Hamlet is a great community, close to many major commuter routes, as well as convenient to shopping and restaurants.
- The Hamlet Swim Club was a wonderful place for my kids to meet friends and stay active during the summer.
Call Tom Reilly & The Belt Team at (703) 629-1263 for more info.